Lexi Grace Music Video

Lexi Grace Official Website

Lexi Grace Official Website
CLICK BANNER TO VISIT LEXI GRACE'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Friday, September 3, 2010

Week 1 Task: WHAT MUSIC MEANS TO ME

Childhood

The first albums I owned were Mis-Teeq and Destiny’s child (bought for a birthday) I can remember buying my first CDs in 2002. During summer, I bought Craig David’s album Slicker than your average from HMV in Islington and later that year, I was on holiday in New York during Christmas and can even remember getting Christina Aguilera’s Stripped from Times Square! Buying CDs was a big deal for me when I was younger as I would listen to them all the time.




The song that mean the most to me would probably be Destiny’s Child - Bootylicious. My friends and I would make up dance routines to this track and practice in the garden! This is still a great song all these years later and I can still sing it in a jokey way with friends.Teens

Towards the end of my first year at Latymer, we went on a class trip to Cwm in
Wales. As a joke for the talent show, myself, two girls and two guys dressed up and performed Moulin Rouge’s Lady Marmalade. I can still remember some of the dance moves and one of the guys rapping Lil Kim’s verse! I think the songs that have made an impact on me are ones that I can associate with great memories, like dancing around to them with friends.
Today

LMFAO have been one of my favourite bands for years. I really like their fun approach to music and their crazy style. Whenever I go on a night out this song gets played. I was always listening to it when I went to
France and Turkey
this year and the video even reminds me of lying by the pool in the sun.

Another band I love is N.E.R.D. I remember when their song ‘Everyone Nose’ came out and it was really controversial, but it’s just a good song. When I think of the video, I think of people like Pharrell and Lindsay Lohan and Kanye who made cameos, although the lyrics and events aren’t so glamorous. On a school trip to
Barbados last year, this was the song that woke our room up every morning, so I won’t be able to forget it! Director Hype Williams really shows how important technology and interactivity have become with his parody of youtube.


The songs I remember most are usually always by artists that I have have liked for years. I think I remember these songs mostly for their significance in my life at certain times. As I grow older, the lyrics have carry meaning and the videos always give the song a sense memorablity.

No comments:

Post a Comment