Lexi Grace Music Video

Lexi Grace Official Website

Lexi Grace Official Website
CLICK BANNER TO VISIT LEXI GRACE'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Thursday, September 23, 2010

First proposal: The Next Untouchable

Lyrics:         
I can’t believe, I can’t deny, 
I can’t conceive what’s in your eyes,
Another mistake, another regret, another unwanted cigarette,
And do you really like me? 
Because one and one and one, makes three,
If you don’t hear me, then why should I hear you?
I can’t walk away,
All I can do is say “better luck next time.”
The next untouch (x4)
The next untouchable
I can’t walk away,
All I can do is say “better luck next time”
The next untouchable (x3)
Feel her,
Move her,
Believe her,
See her,
And then it comes, I don’t know what to do,
Do I feel it pure, or is that just you?
She said again, (x9)
And do you really like me?
Because one and one and one, makes three,
If you don’t hear me, then why should I hear you?
I can’t walk away,
All I can do is say “better luck next time”
The next untouch (x4)
The next untouchable
I can’t walk away,
All I can do is say “better luck next time”
The next untouchable (x4)
Feel her,
Move her,
Believe her,
See her,
Forget her.
Forget her.

Interpretation:
From the lyrics I've taken that the song is about a guy who is in love with a girl but I think she has a boyfriend already. He tries to get over her yet is still singing about her so obviously wants her still. 
She seemingly says she likes him, yet she is still an 'untouchable'. This part could be like a day dream, or the main guy is just imagining that the girl likes him. 
The theme of the song is unrequited love, which could be replicated quite well in a video.
I like the ending of this song as it isn't cheesy or what we would normally expect; the guy doesn't end up with the girl, she just says to forget her.
The target audience could be teenagers, fans of indie music etc. The teen singer and youthful music along with things like cigarettes and  the english accent would really appeal to a young, english audience.
My idea for this song reminds me of the film (500) Days of Summer (Marc Webb, 2009) where the male character seems to be obsessed by the female who ignores him but at the end he finds a new love interest who isn't so cold.


I like the end of this, which would be fitting as the singer says "forget her," which could introduce the new character.


Techniques:


I like the idea of slow motion, as it can be really effective. I'd like to do something slow, clashing with the fast paced music and focusing on the narrative, like in Kanye West's video Flashing Lights which is really simple but so effective to the audience.







Blake Schneider
Screenwriter's Bible
Joseph Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment